We have achieved this improvement through taking a holistic approach to energy management in our stores. We focus both on the type of energy consuming equipment we use in store as well as how this is monitored and controlled. This includes the use of:
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting for all new stores – our current LED lamps use only a third of the energy of our old metal halide lighting
- The most energy efficient heating, cooling an ventilation hardware
- Real-time energy monitoring to spot wasted energy
- Monthly energy reporting to stores
- Building Management Systems allowing integration of the global retail estate into a single energy management portal with all assets visible via the web
- Third party expertise to improve performance
The evolution of all the above is closely monitored to ensure any promising developments in the market are identified and brought to trial in store. Total electricity consumption across all owned and operated facilities stood at approximately 26GWh in the last financial year.