November 10, 2010
Quarterly Trading Update
SuperGroup Plc ('SuperGroup' or 'the Group'), Superdry brand owner, UK and internet retailer and one of the fastest growing international branded clothing companies, today provides a quarterly trading statement for the three months to 31 October, 2010.
· Total Group sales up 68.4 % to £57.5 million (2009: £34.1 million);
· Retail sales up 78.6 % to £32.1 million (2009: £18.0 million), driven by the ongoing successful roll-out in the UK;
· Wholesale sales up 57.0 % to £25.4 million (2009: £16.2 million), due to growing success and expansion of the brand internationally.
This brings the Group's sales for the first six months of the year, ending on the same date, to:
· Total Group sales up 65.1 % to £90.3 million (2009: £54.7 million);
· Retail sales up 71.7 % to £54.4 million (2009: £31.7 million), driven by the ongoing successful roll-out in the UK;
· Wholesale sales up 56.1 % to £35.9 million (2009: £23.0 million), due to growing success and expansion of the brand internationally.
SuperGroup's UK store roll-out continues apace, with eight opening during the quarter. These included stores in Bournemouth, Peterborough and Solihull and a Superdry re-site in Norwich. The Group opened its first City of London store at the high profile One New Change retail development, bringing the Group's UK standalone store-count to 55. Further standalone stores are scheduled to open before Christmas, including Superdry stores at the Trafford Centre in Manchester and Westfield Centre in London and a 15,000 sq ft Cult store at St Enoch's in Glasgow.
Over the same period the Group opened a further 13 concessions, taking the total to 69, which include 22 womenswear only.
In wholesale, 14 further franchise stores have opened in the same period, including four in both France and Belgium, two in the USA (Los Angeles and San Francisco) and others in Sydney, Dubai and Seoul. A further Belgian and two French stores are due to open before the end of 2010, while the roll-out will continue with further stores in Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Korea and the USA opening in the next few months.
Julian Dunkerton, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
'These figures really demonstrate the solid progress we are making as a brand and as a retail company. The Autumn range has been well received by the public and our roll-out is on track both in the UK and internationally.'
SuperGroup Plc intends to issue its results for the six month period ended 31 October on Wednesday 15 December 2010.
For further information:
Matthew Barnett Tel: 44 (0) 1242 588187
Ann-marie Wilkinson / George Briscoe Tel: 44 (0) 20 7920 2330
Nicola Marrin (Corporate Finance) Tel: 44 (0) 20 7107 8000
Richard Redmayne (Corporate Broking)
John Johnston (Institutional Sales)