11 May 2010
Pre-Close Trading Update
SuperGroup Plc, owner of the Superdry brand and one of the fastest growing international retailers and wholesalers of youth fashion, today provides an update on trading for the 52 weeks ended 2nd May 2010.
· Total Group sales up by £63m to £139m ( 83% versus prior year)
· Retail sales up 75% to £85m ( £36m) driven by the ongoing successful roll-out in the UK and like-for-like sales* up 17% for the year
· Wholesale sales up 98% to £54m ( £27m)
· Expectation of profit before tax of not less than £25.7m remains unchanged (pre exceptional items and derivative fair value adjustments) as per the prospectus
The Group trades from 43 standalone stores in the UK, and from 56 concessions in House of Fraser, while the wholesale business trades in the UK and to 33 countries internationally.
Julian Dunkerton, Chief Executive Officer, said:
"We are absolutely delighted with the progress achieved this year and that the momentum of growth has continued both in the UK and abroad.
"Recent store openings have confirmed the success of the new store design and internationally we go from strength to strength."
SuperGroup will announce its financial results for the 52 weeks ended 2nd May 2010 on Thursday 15th July 2010.
* Like-for-like sales are defined as total retail sales from stores (including concessions and internet) that have been trading continuously from the same selling space for at least 12 months
For further information:
Matthew Barnett Tel: 44 (0) 1242 588187
Ann-marie Wilkinson/George Briscoe Tel: 44 (0) 20 7920 2330
Nicola Marrin (Corporate Finance) Tel: 44 (0) 20 7107 8000
Richard Redmayne (Corporate Broking)
John Johnston (Institutional Sales)